Functions and Objectives of Board of Revenue Department, Bihar
|Functions & Objectives
In the following matters, Board of Revenue is the highest court -
- All cases relating Declaration of Surplus Land. Land Ceiling cases.
- Appeal Cases relating to declarations of Surplus Land.
- 16(3) Cases - Pre-emption case regarding sale of land.
- Transport cases relating to cancellation of permit.
- Services Appeal – S.O. and Assistants of the joint Cadre for the Secretariat and
in the office of Div. Commissioners.
- Certificate appeal cases against order of collector under PDR Act.
- Registration – Appeal against order of I.G. Registration.
- Appeal in mutation cases.
- Cases under Bihar State Pollution Control Act.
- Cases relating to Court of wards Act basically relating to zamindari estates.
- Transport cases relating to cancellation of permit. Cases remanded by High Court
e.g. Cases related to the issue of dispute of SKG, Sugar Mill in which dues of
Banks were to be realized – Parties are SKG the department of industry and the
- Bettiah Raj – The management of the Bettiah Raj is with the state under the
Court of Wards Act. 1895.
- Enforcement of law of Escheat.
- Departmental proceeding of I.A.S., I.P.S. and I.F.S. officers.
- Promotion cases of the officers of the Department of:
- Cabinet Secretariat and Coordination Department including Vigilance, Election and C.M.
- Personnel and Administrative reforms
- Raj bhasha
- Parliamentary Affairs
- Mines and Geology
- Transport and Civil Aviation
- Public Relation
- Land Reforms
- Bihar Administrative Service & Bihar Police Service.
- Looking after the Library of Board of Revenue - Contains extremely old manuals
and order and decisions of the Government.
- STA- Sanction of Road permit, State Transport Authority.
- Allotment of House for Non Gazetted Employee.
- Appointing Authority of Officer of the rank of inspector of Excise Department.
Examination being conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination
- PG–MAT: Post Graduate Medical Admission Test.
- BCECE in two stages: Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination. (1). P.T.
& (2). Mains. [Covers Courses relating to Engineering, Medical Science &
Agriculture Science, Dairy, Fisheries.]
- ITI CAT: Industrial Training Institute Competitive Admission Test.
- DCECE: Diploma Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination.